Reading through the motor sport magazines and web sites this morning, I came across a number of different articles that all seem linked. Or perhaps I’m just a conspiracy theorist …
- Renault are potentially in line for an F1 bonus incentive, if they join F1 as a work team again.
- The FIA super license points awarded for winning the yet to be run FIA F2 series are higher than any of the other “feeder” series.
- Renault are dropping their partnership with World Series next year.
- GP2 organisers have indicated they would be interested in bidding to run FIA F2.
- GP2/GP3 are running with FIAWEC in Bahrain, replacing the missing German GP round.
Mixing all of that together and do I get: ??
- Renault Powered F2 run at Grand Prix weekends – where the pace of the car could be dictated
- GP2/GP3 as is on the FIAWEC race card – putting those pesky fast GP2 cars out of sight
- Renault buying one of the Red Bull teams and rebranding it Renault thereby getting a substantial amount of funding to pay for F2
And in the slightly paranoid column, I might add Renault 2.0 becoming the new FIA F3 giving you a Grand Prix weekend of Formulas 1, 2 and 3.
Best get back to work …